Teacher : Alice
Level : confirmed
Date(s) - 25/10/2019
12:30 to 14:00
Ashtanga Yoga Institute
610, Ch. d'Alsemberg
Brussels - Belgium
It usually takes several years of hard work and training to develop the flexibility and endurance that are necessary to practice this first series continuously, the aim of this series is essentially to rebalance the body so as to clean it and to protect it from disease.
The first series
Represents the basic structure of Ashtanga Yoga: we see here the 70 postures that make up the first series.
During the practice of Aṣṭāṅgayoga, the eyes are constantly open. The postures are always linked together by the rhythmic movements (Vinyasa).
This practice of the first series will give you more confidence in yourself and in life.
We attach great importance to:
- The quality of (Jalandhara & Ujjayi) the breathing and its depth
- The muscular pelvic and abdominal control (mula bandha & uddiyana)
- The concentration of the gaze (Dŗşţi) for each posture (asana)
- With all this, you will have seen the three pillars that form the foundation of the practice of Ashtanga Yoga (aṣṭāṅgayoga)
Benefits of the practice of the first series
It will give you an inner strength, power and ease in muscle stretching.
When all three components are in synchronized harmony
- Jalandhara & Ujjayi
- Mula bandha + & uddiyana
The practitioner has reached the inner balance (tristana).
Finally, the practitioner (sadhaka) enters a dance, a moving meditation (dhyana).
Thus, you become a confirmed practitioner
“ The yogini fixing his visual energy between the two eyebrows,
equalizing inhalations and exhalations that run inside the nose, master of his sensitive , mental and intellectual faculties,
the wise tend to the issue, its ultimate purpose, free of desire,
fear and anger; he is freed forever. “
Bhagavad Gita, V, 22/28
You may also like:
- Yoga Teacher Training in Brussels, unit E, 2020 September 12…
- Yoga Teacher Training in Brussels, unit E, 2020 October 10…
- Ashtanga Yoga Beginner Course, first simplified series, Thursday afternoon
- Yoga Teacher Training in Brussels, unit E, 2021, June 5…
- Ashtanga Yoga Session in Athens, Greece, 2020 June 27 to…