- Buy ready-made dough: idly/dosa batter
Put it in a pot and dilute with a little water
In a idly saucepan
- Put a shallow layer of water (1 to 2 cm) and heat
- Oil the idly shapes, and then pour the dough in and stack them in the saucepan.
- Close and boil +/-15 minutes (if the pan whistles ‘no problem’ leave it like that for 15 minutes)
- Accompanying « Chutney ».
- ½ coconut that you empty (white) with a knife; cut into small cubes
- 1 green chili
- Dal, 2 tablespoons
- Garlic (2 cloves)
Grind this mixture in a blender with a little water until it is completely liquid.
Heat in a saucepan with a little oil, and then add in the order
- The mustard seeds (1 to 2 teaspoons; heat strongly until seeds pop!)
- Curry leaves
- Blended mixture
Remove from the flame after +/-30 seconds
- Add salt