The most important world headquarters of Theosophical Society worldwide was designed to facilitate and encourage Comparative Religious Studies, as well as Philosophy and Science and rational thinking.
The Society is located on the magnificent wild banks of the river Adyar. Madame Blavatsky and Colonel Olcott founded the Society in the United States; in 1882 it moved to Adyar.
Apart from the remains of the different faiths and beliefs and the peaceful Commemoration Garden, there is a 95-year old Library with an excellent collection of rare oriental manuscripts written on palm leaves and parchment paper.
|10hOO – 12h0014h00 – 17h00||Sunday||2491 2904 / 2491 8431.|