“We do not see, we believe we see, and anyway, sight is misleading by nature. This is why Jean de la Croix wrote that we are not traveling to see, but to not see
– i. e. trying to achieve something else than the smooth, fleeting surface of things, to see ourselves under the light of elsewhere”.
Jean-Claude Carrière, Invitation, Dictionnaire amoureux de l’Inde, (2001)
Siva Guest House
2, Othavadai Cross Street (see the Map)
Mahãbalipuram – 603 104 Tamil Nadu
00 91 – 044 114 43 234 & 00 91 – 044 114 43 334
00 91 – 044 114 43 534
Price: Depending on the room 500 to 1000 Rs/ day
The owner of the Siva Guest House has several traditional Indian art shops. Well-located hotel, just a short walk from the beach (3′) and from many restaurants.
Very nice & very, very clean
Mosquito net on windows
Only remark, the rooms are a bit small.
Staff is charming.
You can book rooms by email without a problem.
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
You will find at the hotel reception :
- Internet, local and international phone
- Laundry service
- Service 24 / 24 hour (tea, water, etc.)
- Travel agency, “Siva Tour and Travels”, can provide “pick up” from the airport.
- This private all-India car service offers three tours in the South of the India: Kerala, Mysore, mountain areas, animal reserves, Hampi and Goa.