Teacher : Jean-Claude
Level : initiation
Date(s) - 14/07/2020
12:30 to 14:00
Ashtanga Yoga Institute
610, Ch. d'Alsemberg
Brussels - Belgium
In this introduction to Ashtanga Yoga open-ended course, you will learn specific breathing (Ujjayi Prāṇāyāma), the balance between inspiration and expiration with the sound of your throat.
You breathe through the nose while slowly opening the region of the larynx, which will produce a soft sound. Breathing is a natural and free process but the inspiration and expiration should have the same length.
You will learn the sun salutations (Sūryanamaskāra) that will build up heat (tapas) in your muscles (and in your whole body), you’ll learn how to control your pelvic floor (Mūla Bandha – the pelvic muscles) in order to increase your warmth and protect your body.
Learn the different types of posture (āsana)
• Standing postures
• Sitting Postures
• Balance postures
• postures lying on the back
• Reverse Postures
• Back-bending postures
Particular attention will be paid to the (points of) support in the postures.
How to get familiar with the practice of postures? (Vinyāsa Krama)
In Ashtanga Yoga you will learn to enter and exit a posture in order to maintain, increase your body heat and avoid hurting yourself.
There is a specific order in the postures, from simple to complex, which will allow you to gradually master a sequence of postures (a series).
At the Ashtanga Yoga Institute in Brussels, we pay particular attention to the rhythm of a class. The rhythm is adapted to the level. The tempo of postural practice will be adapted to the level of the participants.
This course allows for more individual attention, with detailed instructions and specific adjustments given by your teacher.
Benefits of the practice
- Awareness of your body
- Flexibility of your body and mind
- Rediscovery of the pleasure of breathing
- Development and alignment of your physical, mental and spiritual strength
You may also like:
- Ashtanga Yoga workshop in Mahābalipuram, South India, 2020 December 21st…
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher training, India 2021 January 4 to 29,…
- Ashtanga Yoga workshop in Mahābalipuram, South India, 2021 January from…
- Ashtanga Yoga workshop in Mahābalipuram, South India, mid-January 2021, from…
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher training, India 2020 January 6 to 31,…