Teacher : Jean-Claude
Level : all levels
Date(s) - 06/01/2020 - 31/01/2020
08:00 to 15:00
1/1, Anal Gandhi Street
Mahabalipuram - India
Join the Ashtanga Yoga Teacher training (Yoga Korunta) in Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu, South India. In a favourable atmosphere for the quest of the self. Jean-Claude Garnier will transmit the teaching of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois to you in 2018 December 31 / 2019 January 25.
If the experience of a personal practice is evidently necessary to go into a Yoga teacher training, the motivation for teaching is the most important in order to pass on this art.
Yoga courses in India are given
- On Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Practice courses every morning from 8 to 10 am
- Theoretical courses every afternoon from 01 to 03 pm (Fridays excepted)
In India, you can experience different aspects of the practice and theory of the Ashtanga Yoga. By attending the yoga teacher training unit (all levels) you will improve your practice, your theoretical and pedagogical knowledge.
The training unit is intended for
- Persons practicing yoga, who wish to acquire a better self-knowledge in order to achieve balance between body and soul.
- Future teachers who wish to give yoga lessons in any European community (engaging for a minimum of 5 curriculum units)
- Teachers following the curriculum in order to go onto a higher level.
- For all other interested persons, please contact us (an interview is necessary for admission).
The training includes several study subjects about
- Different Yoga branches
- Historical, religious and philosophical aspects
- Anatomy of the body
- Psychology of the soul
After each session, participants will receive a PDF document with the course’s contents.
- Opening Chant
- Time for « Questions & Answers, sharing life experience» around the practice and theory.
- The theoretical courses according to the units.
For more information about the content of courses and the Ashtanga Yoga training:
To be able to participate to the training unit, an attendance certificate from your actual Yoga teacher is required, confirming your regular participation to weekly courses for at least 2 years.
By the end of the unit we will deliver you with a “Participation Certificate” allowing you to get ahead to the next level.
Participation to a minimum of 5 units and the writing of a dissertation about an aspect of Yoga are required in order to obtain a Yoga teacher Degree.
The units of yoga teacher training are also given in Belgium and Greece.
Ashtanga yoga is exclusively practiced indoors.
Depending on the number of people, the Yoga classes have places, are : Yellow House or Blue Elephant Hotel.
- Yellow House, Anal Gandhi Street 1/1
- Blue Elephant Hotel, 39, Othavadai Street, Mahabalipuram
You will find on the premises all the equipment needed for your practice (mats, straps, blocks etc.). You can bring your own equipment if preferred.
Plan on two trips, every 15 days you will visit an ashram (a remote place in nature, in the forest or the mountains, where Sages used to live in peace and tranquillity, away from the worldly hustle).
You may also like:
- Ashtanga Yoga workshop in Mahābalipuram, South India, mid-January 2021, from…
- Advanced classes, implementation of the second or third series, Tuesday
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher training, India 2021 January 4 to 29,…
- Ashtanga Yoga workshop in Mahābalipuram, South India, 2020 December 21st…
- Ashtanga Yoga workshop in Mahābalipuram, South India, 2021 January from…